The multi-purpose sports hall conforms to the highest standard required by national sporting bodies. Nets and floor markings are provided for a whole host of different sports and there is a small viewing area for spectators. There is a toilet within the hall. The lighting and air handling are of the highest standard needed for any sport as well as being very eco-friendly.
Sports which can be catered for include:
- Cricket: thanks to a grant from the England & Wales Cricket Board, nets, floor covering and lighting mean that cricket practice can be offered all year round.
- Football and Futsal. Click here to find out about football training sessions.
- Badminton, tennis, short tennis and pickleball: four badminton courts, a full sized tennis court and short tennis are available to match level standard. Badminton night (an open session) is on Mondays from 8-10pm and Pickleball is on Monday and Thursday mornings and Friday evenings.
- Basketball and netball: hoops and court markings are fitted. A netball session runs on a Tuesday evening.
- Volleyball – a session is already running on Wednesday evenings. Click here for details.
- Community Gym – this takes places every morning from 9am-1pm, usually in Sport’s Hall, though sometimes it will be set up in the Thomas Gifford Room. Click here for details.
- Table tennis: there is a table in the Thomas Gifford Room, which can also be set up in the sports hall.
- Other: the sports hall can be used for other team sports or large classes; click here for other activities such as yoga, dance, martial arts, wellbeing and therapy sessions.
We can offer children’s parties consisting of an hour in the Sports Hall and an hour in the Thomas Gifford Room. Click here for more details.
Cost of hire:
Sports hall (whole hall)
Casual (pay and play): £42/hr
Commercial hire: £50/hr
Sports hall (per court)
Casual (pay and play): £12/hr