WELCOME TO CHARLBURY COMMUNITY CENTRE
TODAY’S NEWS: 27.01.22
- New extended gym opening hours. We are opening for as long as we can which means different hours each day and they are subject to change. See the opening hours here.
- Kids’ Runaround Sessions are on for two more Sundays 11am-12pm (30th Jan & 6th Feb ). Details here.
- Fitness for Seniors. Starting next week – Tuesday 1st February, 3pm. Details here.
- Songbirds, the baby and toddler singing and music session will restart in February 2022. No sessions in January.
- Weekday morning circuits and body toning classes have moved to a start time of 9.10am so that parents can drop children at school and still get there in time! Details here.
- Scrabble sessions on Mondays from 2pm. Just turn up. Grant aided by West Oxfordshire District Council.
- Volleyball has now restarted on Wednesdays 8-10pm. All welcome. Contact Steven: email@example.com or 07879 063 934.
- Two fun football sessions for kids have now started – Wednesdays 5-6pm for 5-10 year olds and Thursday lunchtimes for 2-5 year olds. Details here.
- New vinyasa yoga class on Tuesdays at 5.45pm. Details here.
- There are some new Yoga, Pilates and Barre Fit classes with Michele and Loren listed on our classes page here. You’ll need to scroll down a bit.
- Have you ever wondered what the names of the trees are on the Playing Close? Each tree has a number on it as they are on this aerial plan and the key to which tree is which can be found here.
- Jason has written an article about the benefits of exercise in the older generations. Click on the link to read it.
- We are now offering career mentoring for young people. More details here.
- Fancy a take-away? The food traders and their operating hours can be found here.
- Our Terms and Conditions have been updated to reflect the fact that we require group leaders and hirers of the Community Centre to abide by the regulations of their national sporting bodies with regard to Covid-19 safety (and all other safety for that matter).
- Please be aware that when you make a booking at the Community Centre we will keep a record of the booking and we may be required to give your contact details to the NHS Test and Trace scheme. They will not be used for anything else and will be deleted after 21 days.
- Sports hall ventilation. Here is a description of how the air handling system works in the centre (it does not recycle the air).
- A fresh veg box scheme has been set up by Styan Family Produce and deliveries are dropped outside the Community Centre every Saturday. More details are here, if you would like a fresh veg box each week. You can also order Bibury Trout, milk, eggs, apple juice honey and many other locally produced foods.
COMMUNITY CENTRE OPENING HOURS
- Monday: 9am-6pm
- Tuesday: 9am-5pm
- Wednesday: 9am-7pm
- Thursday: 9am-6pm
- Friday: 9am-6pm
- Saturday: 9am-4pm
- Sunday: 9am-4pm
- Bank holidays: 10am-4pm
Gym Opening Hours:
- Mondays: 8am – 4pm
- Tuesdays: 9am – 3pm
- Wednesdays: 8am – 7pm
- Thursdays: 9am – 1pm, 4-7pm
- Fridays: 8am – 6pm
- Saturdays: 9am – 4pm
- Sundays: 8am – 4pm
The Library is staffed on Mondays 10am-12.30pm and on Wednesdays 2-7pm, Fridays 2-5pm and Saturdays 10am-12.30pm. At other times you can return or borrow books using the self service machine.
BECOME A FRIEND OF CHARLBURY COMMUNITY CENTRE
We rely on fundraising, grants and donations for about 20% of the running costs of the Community Centre. Regular donations are especially valuable, so we have set up a “Friends of Charlbury Community Centre” scheme. Regular donors have their names appear on the display screen in the lobby, so it is good for those who missed out on the “Buy a Brick” scheme, or for people who are generous enough to want to help on a regular basis. For more details or to join please download this form.
HELP US WHEN YOU BUY FROM AMAZON
If you make purchases from Amazon (bearing in mind that buying local is better of course!), we’d be really grateful if you could do it through Amazon Smile. If you do so the Thomas Gifford Trust will receive 0.5% of the purchase value. You will need to select Thomas Gifford Trust when you choose the above link or click on this Amazon Smile logo. So far we have raised £151.42 through this scheme. Thank you!