WELCOME TO CHARLBURY COMMUNITY CENTRE
TODAY’S NEWS: 16.5.22
- We are honoured to be having a royal visit on Tuesday 17th May. The Countess of Wessex GCVO will visit the Community Centre. She will be on the Playing Close at about 2.20pm to plant a tree for the Queen’s canopy. You are welcome to come along at that time. Afterwards she will visit the Cornerstone project.
- “Space Day” a half-term activity afternoon for 6-10 year olds organised by our new Youth Co-ordinator, Bryanna will take place on Wednesday June 1st, 1-4pm.
- Loren will be adding another Yoga session on Thursdays 4.45-5.45pm starting on 19th May. Her website is here. See our wellbeing page for a list of all the Yoga and Pilates classes on offer.
- Michele’s Thursday evening (6-7pm) Pilates class is returning on 9th June. Her classes are listed here.
- A new trader van now comes on Thursdays; Amarelo – offering a range of South American, European, Middle-Eastern and Mediterranean cuisine. Advance order. Set Meals (chilled), on-the-day pre-ordering, and take-away (hot food). – Thursdays 5-8pm
- Knife and Tool sharpening 9am-1pm on the first Saturdays of May, June and July. Details here.
- Wilderness 2022 Local Tickets will be open for registration on Sundays between 1 and 4pm at the Charlbury Community Centre until tickets sell out. Details of what you need to bring, prices and conditions are here. You will need to fill in a booking form online, which is on this link. You need to look carefully at both of these links, before coming in for your tickets.
- Stay & Play will now run from 9-10am on Wednesdays. (Followed by Songbirds, then Toddler Gym). Details here.
- There is a new vinyasa yoga class on Tuesdays at 9.30-10.30am. Details here.
- Extended gym opening hours. We are opening for as long as we can which means different hours each day and they are subject to change. See the opening hours below or here.
- Scrabble sessions on Mondays from 2pm. Just turn up. Grant aided by West Oxfordshire District Council.
- Volleyball has now restarted on Wednesdays 8-10pm. All welcome. Contact Steven: firstname.lastname@example.org or 07879 063 934.
- Two fun football sessions for kids have now started – Wednesdays 5-6pm for 5-10 year olds and Thursday lunchtimes for 2-5 year olds. Details here.
- Have you ever wondered what the names of the trees are on the Playing Close? Each tree has a number on it as they are on this aerial plan and the key to which tree is which can be found here.
- Jason has written an article about the benefits of exercise in the older generations. Click on the link to read it.
- We are now offering career mentoring for young people. More details here.
- Fancy a take-away? The food traders and their operating hours can be found here.
- Our Terms and Conditions have been updated to reflect the fact that we require group leaders and hirers of the Community Centre to abide by the regulations of their national sporting bodies with regard to Covid-19 safety (and all other safety for that matter).
- Sports hall ventilation. Here is a description of how the air handling system works in the centre (it does not recycle the air).
- A fresh veg box scheme has been set up by Styan Family Produce and deliveries are dropped outside the Community Centre every Saturday. More details are here, if you would like a fresh veg box each week. You can also order Bibury Trout, milk, eggs, apple juice honey and many other locally produced foods.
WILDERNESS LOCAL TICKETS
Wilderness 2022 Local Tickets will be open for registration on Sundays between 1 and 4pm at the Charlbury Community Centre until tickets sell out. Details of what you need to bring, prices, times you can register, eligibility and other and conditions are here. You will need to fill in a booking form online, which is on this link. Please look carefully at both of these links, before coming in for your tickets.
COMMUNITY CENTRE OPENING HOURS
- Monday: 9am-5pm
- Tuesday: 9am-5pm
- Wednesday: 9am-7pm
- Thursday: 9am-7pm
- Friday: 9am-5pm
- Saturday: 9am-4pm
- Sunday: 9am-4pm
- Bank holidays: 10am-4pm
Gym Opening Hours:
- Mondays: 8am – 4pm
- Tuesdays: 9am – 2pm
- Wednesdays: 8am – 7pm
- Thursdays: 9am – 1pm
- Fridays: 8am – 5pm
- Saturdays: 9am – 4pm
- Sundays: 8am – 4pm
The Library is staffed on Mondays 10am-12.30pm and on Wednesdays 2-7pm, Fridays 2-5pm and Saturdays 10am-12.30pm. At other times you can return or borrow books using the self service machine.
BECOME A FRIEND OF CHARLBURY COMMUNITY CENTRE
We rely on fundraising, grants and donations for about 20% of the running costs of the Community Centre. Regular donations are especially valuable, so we have set up a “Friends of Charlbury Community Centre” scheme. Regular donors have their names appear on the display screen in the lobby, so it is good for those who missed out on the “Buy a Brick” scheme, or for people who are generous enough to want to help on a regular basis. For more details or to join please download this form.
HELP US WHEN YOU BUY FROM AMAZON
If you make purchases from Amazon (bearing in mind that buying local is better of course!), we’d be really grateful if you could do it through Amazon Smile. If you do so the Thomas Gifford Trust will receive 0.5% of the purchase value. You will need to select Thomas Gifford Trust when you choose the above link or click on this Amazon Smile logo. So far we have raised £151.42 through this scheme. Thank you!