WELCOME TO CHARLBURY COMMUNITY CENTRE
TODAY’S NEWS: 27.9.20
- We have prepared some basic guidelines and principles on safe use of the Community Centre during the Coronavirus outbreak. Click here to view or download.
- Please be aware that when you make a booking at the Community Centre we will keep a record of the booking and we may be required to give your contact details to the NHS Test and Trace scheme. They will not be used for anything else and will be deleted after 21 days.
- Circuits classes are back to pre-lockdown price of £7 per class, including for gym members. For Zoom classes this is for the whole household.
- Pilates and Barre Fit classes are back with Michele. Details here. Scroll down a bit!
- Thursday’s Supercircuits is now back in the main sports hall and now starting at 7.15pm. Please book online through our bookings page . Wednesday and Sunday circuits will remain online for now.
- Girls’ football training for years 2&3 is back from 21st September. More details here.
- The gym has now moved into the TG room, but there are still two stations available 9am-5pm each day by appointment only.
- Line Dancing Classes – both classes have now moved back into the hall (Tuesdays at 12pm and Fridays at 2pm). There are also some YouTube clips of Jason teaching the dances, so you can practise in your own time. Information is here.
- Cornerstone has taken over and expanded the Give and Take, the Learning Cafe and other services and is operating from the Corner House. More details here.
- Community Centres have now been added to the list of places where you are required to wear a mask, so we politely request that you do so in our building except when doing sport or if you are exempt. You can also buy washable fabric facemasks, made by a Charlbury resident for £5 each (cash only – there is an honesty box).
- Sports hall ventilation. Here is a description of how the air handling system works in the centre (it does not recycle the air).
- Gardening help available from our youth team. More information here.
- Gym is now open, under strict guidelines. Badminton, Pickleball and Tabletennis can also be booked indoors. Details here.
- DVDs now for sale (50p each including delivery). Money goes to Corner House. More details here.
- Cafe is open for takeaways. Please observe social distancing, wear a face covering, use hand sanitiser upon entering the building and pay by contactess card if possible.
- OCC has decided not to re-open Charlbury library just yet. However, Witney and Chipping Norton libraries are now open if you want to borrow or return books. Up to date information is here.
- Missing your takeaways? There are plenty of options for fish & chips (now coming three times a week), Thai food and Deep’s sourdough from our trader vans. Details here.
- The Wilderness Festival has now been cancelled. Below are instructions about getting a refund or transferring your tickets to next year.
- Books are now available for sale for only 50p, including delivery to your doorstep, which goes to the Corner House. More details here.
- Jigsaw puzzle give-away. We now have jigsaws for adults and older children, which ayone can take, or have delivered if needed. Details here.
- There are 3 circuits classes available per week on Wednesday mornings, Thursday evenings and Sunday mornings. See the Classes & Gym page for details and the link and password.
- One-to-one Gym Motivational sessions now available, live over Zoom with Jason.
- Our helpline is still up and running on 811878. You can also email your request to us on firstname.lastname@example.org
- A fresh veg box scheme has be set up by Styan Family Produce and deliveries are dropped outside the Community Centre every Saturday afternoon. More details are here, if you would like a fresh veg box each week. You can also order Bibury Trout, milk, eggs, apple juice honey and many other locally produced foods.
- Give and Take scheme. If you have suplus food that you could donate or need (free) food please have a look at this new scheme which is being organised by St Mary’s Church and run from our lobby. Details here.
WILDERNESS LOCAL TICKETS
For those of you who purchased local tickets & vehicle passes through the Charlbury Community Centre please read on for important information on next steps.
Everyone will have the option to either be issued with a refund or hold their ticket for 2021.
In order to do this you will need to head to the Community Centre to fill out a form. This is the form you will need to fill out (you can print it off and fill out in advance if you prefer). Please bring it on Saturday mornings 9am-12.30pm only. You will need to bring:
· All of your physical tickets with “VOID” written across them and
· Verification of your bank details so the Community Centre can confirm the form is correct (either bank card displaying sort code & account number or bank statement)
The forms will be sent off in batches to Wilderness HQ. If you have opted for a refund this will be processed within 14 days of receiving it. If you have opted to hold on to your tickets for the following years your information and ticket details will be held securely and you will be emailed closer to the event to inform you on how to redeem your tickets for the following year.
SELF-ISOLATING? IN A VULNERABLE GROUP? – WE ARE READY TO HELP
Charlbury Community Centre is organising volunteers and staff to deliver items from local shops as needed. If you, or someone you know, is self-isolated and needs food or other items, please contact us on 01608 811878. (Back-up number if you can’t get through is 819253). Equally, anyone who would like to volunteer to help, please call the centre or email Daniela Jenkins at email@example.com.
We can keep a tab for people who need the service and settle later. Items will be left outside your door, together with a receipt, so there is no contact.
For more information please see our new page: self-isolation help This will evolve as we work out what is needed and what can be offered.
- Monday- Friday 9am-5pm
- Saturdays and Sundays: 9am-5pm
BECOME A FRIEND OF CHARLBURY COMMUNITY CENTRE
We rely on fundraising, grants and donations for about 20% of the running costs of the Community Centre. Regular donations are especially valuable, so we have set up a “Friends of Charlbury Community Centre” scheme. Regular donors have their names appear on the display screen in the lobby, so it is good for those who missed out on the “Buy a Brick” scheme, or for people who are generous enough to want to help on a regular basis. For more details or to join please download this form.
HELP US WHEN YOU BUY FROM AMAZON
If you make purchases from Amazon (bearing in mind that buying local is better of course!), we’d be really grateful if you could do it through Amazon Smile. If you do so the Thomas Gifford Trust will receive 0.5% of the purchase value. You will need to select Thomas Gifford Trust when you choose the above link or click on this Amazon Smile logo. Thank you!