WELCOME TO CHARLBURY COMMUNITY CENTRE
TODAY’S NEWS: 21.9.21
- Volleyball has now restarted on Wednesdays 8-10pm. All welcome. Contact Steven: email@example.com or 07879 063 934
- Friday Line Dancing class has moved to a new time of 11.30am. The Tuesday class is still at 12.
- We have a new trader van –Wilder Flower Farm who grow and sell eco-friendly cut wild flowers. Saturdays 9am-12pm. Details here.
- Songbirds, a new baby and toddler singing and music session has now started on Tuesdays at 10am. Details here.
- Two new fun football sessions for kids start this week – Wednesdays 5-6pm for 5-10 year olds and Thursday lunchtimes for 2-5 year olds. Details here.
- New vinyasa yoga class on Tuesdays at 5.45pm. Starts in October. Details here.
- All of Jason’s circuits classes are now back in the centre! Please bring a towel. Booking is still required for gym use for now. Details here.
- You can now pick up free Lateral Flow Covid Testing Kits from reception.
- We have a new food van joining us – Wood Fired Pizzas – available from about 5pm every Thursday. There will be no Nutmeg and Thyme van on Saturdays though until November.
- Although it is no longer a legal requirement we would like to politely request that our visitors continue to wear a mask when not sitting at a cafe table or participating in sport. Please also continue to sanitise your hands, sign in the track and trace and keep your distance from others.
- West Oxfordshire District Council have a new initiative called “Move Together” to help people recover from the impact of the pandemic and move more to improve their physical health, mental health and wellbeing. Details are here.
- There are some new Yoga, Pilates, Low-Impact Exercise, Barre Fit and HIIT classes with Michele, Loren and Sarah listed on our classes page here. You’ll need to scroll down a bit.
- Have you ever wondered what the names of the trees are on the Playing Close? Each tree has a number on it as they are on this aerial plan and the key to which tree is which can be found here.
- Toddler Gym, Stay and Play and Songbirds have all now restarted indoors. Do join us to help your children with their social development and have a chat with other parents.
- Jason has written an article about the benefits of exercise in the older generations. Click on the link to read it.
- We are now offering career mentoring for young people. More details here.
- Fancy a take-away? The food traders and their operating hours can be found here.
- Library has now re-opened. Opening times can be found here
- Our Terms and Conditions have been updated to reflect the fact that we require group leaders and hirers of the Community Centre to abide by the regulations of their national sporting bodies with regard to Covid-19 safety (and all other safety for that matter).
- We have prepared some basic guidelines and principles on safe use of the Community Centre during the Coronavirus outbreak. Click here to view or download.
- Please be aware that when you make a booking at the Community Centre we will keep a record of the booking and we may be required to give your contact details to the NHS Test and Trace scheme. They will not be used for anything else and will be deleted after 21 days. Users of the cafe are required to fill in a test and trace form or scan the QR code.
- Sports hall ventilation. Here is a description of how the air handling system works in the centre (it does not recycle the air).
- A fresh veg box scheme has been set up by Styan Family Produce and deliveries are dropped outside the Community Centre every Saturday. More details are here, if you would like a fresh veg box each week. You can also order Bibury Trout, milk, eggs, apple juice honey and many other locally produced foods.
COMMUNITY CENTRE OPENING HOURS
- Monday-Friday: 9am-5pm
- Saturday & Sunday: 9am-4pm
- Bank holidays: 10am-4pm
From 27th September opening hours are increasing to:
- Monday: 9am-6pm
- Tuesday: 9am-6pm
- Wednesday: 9am-7pm
- Thursday: 9am-6pm
- Friday: 9am-5pm
- Saturday: 9am-4pm
- Sunday: 9am-4pm
- Bank holidays: 10am-4pm
The Library is staffed on Mondays 10am-1pm and on Wednesdays and Fridays 2-5pm. At other times you can now return or borrow books using the self service machine.
BECOME A FRIEND OF CHARLBURY COMMUNITY CENTRE
We rely on fundraising, grants and donations for about 20% of the running costs of the Community Centre. Regular donations are especially valuable, so we have set up a “Friends of Charlbury Community Centre” scheme. Regular donors have their names appear on the display screen in the lobby, so it is good for those who missed out on the “Buy a Brick” scheme, or for people who are generous enough to want to help on a regular basis. For more details or to join please download this form.
HELP US WHEN YOU BUY FROM AMAZON
If you make purchases from Amazon (bearing in mind that buying local is better of course!), we’d be really grateful if you could do it through Amazon Smile. If you do so the Thomas Gifford Trust will receive 0.5% of the purchase value. You will need to select Thomas Gifford Trust when you choose the above link or click on this Amazon Smile logo. So far we have raised £151.42 through this scheme. Thank you!