WELCOME TO CHARLBURY COMMUNITY CENTRE
TODAY’S NEWS: 27.07.21
- There are a few spaces left for the Kid’s Holiday Club next week. Ring the centre or drop in to book your place. Details here.
- Jason is away this week. Line Dancing and Monday Body Workout are cancelled. All other classes are recordings which will be screened over Zoom. Details here.
- Although it is no longer a legal requirement we would like to politely request that our visitors continue to wear a mask when not sitting at a cafe table or participating in sport. Please also continue to sanitise your hands, sign in the track and trace and keep your distance from others.
- All of Jason’s circuits classes will be done in the centre from 3rd August. Please bring a towel to lie on and your own mat if you have one. Booking is still required for gym use for now. Details here.
- West Oxfordshire District Council have a new initiative called “Move Together” to help people recover from the impact of the pandemic and move more to improve their physical health, mental health and wellbeing. Details are here.
- Please scroll down for information about Swift workshops.
- Helen, aka “GrAunty Helen”, has been helping and reading stories at the Stay and Play session for the last 10 weeks. From next week she will be at the Bumps-To-Two session on Tuesdays at 10am instead. You are welcome to attend with your under fives. Helen has sent a message, which can be found on this page. We are so grateful for Helen’s help, she is very popular with the little ones!
- Supastrikers is coming to Charlbury! Football fun for 2-5 year olds, starting on 9th September. Details here.
- Songbirds, a new baby and toddler singing and music session, will be starting in early September. Details here.
- There are some new Pilates, Low-Impact Exercise, Barre Fit and HIIT classes with Michele and Sarah listed on our classes page here. You’ll need to scroll down a bit.
- Have you ever wondered what the names of the trees are on the Playing Close? Each tree has a number on it as they are on this aerial plan and the key to which tree is which can be found here.
- Toddler Gym, Stay and Play and Bump to Two have all now restarted indoors. Do join us to help your children with their social development and have a chat with other parents.
- Jason has written an article about the benefits of exercise in the older generations. Click on the link to read it.
- We are now offering career mentoring for young people. More details here.
- Fancy a take-away? The food traders and their operating hours can be found here.
- Library has now re-opened. Opening times can be found here
- Our Terms and Conditions have been updated to reflect the fact that we require group leaders and hirers of the Community Centre to abide by the regulations of their national sporting bodies with regard to Covid-19 safety (and all other safety for that matter).
- We have prepared some basic guidelines and principles on safe use of the Community Centre during the Coronavirus outbreak. Click here to view or download.
- Please be aware that when you make a booking at the Community Centre we will keep a record of the booking and we may be required to give your contact details to the NHS Test and Trace scheme. They will not be used for anything else and will be deleted after 21 days. Users of the cafe are required to fill in a test and trace form or scan the QR code.
- Sports hall ventilation. Here is a description of how the air handling system works in the centre (it does not recycle the air).
- A fresh veg box scheme has been set up by Styan Family Produce and deliveries are dropped outside the Community Centre every Saturday. More details are here, if you would like a fresh veg box each week. You can also order Bibury Trout, milk, eggs, apple juice honey and many other locally produced foods.
SWIFT WORKSHOPS (FREE)
Swifts in the Library
Have you seen the beautiful swift mosaics on the wall of the Community Centre by the outdoor seating area? Charlbury Arts has been asked to make more swift mosaics to decorate the walls of the library. If you have not yet made a swift you would be very welcome to join one of the workshops this summer. Your completed swift will then proudly join a swoop of fifty others on the library wall.
These free workshops will be held at the Charlbury Community Centre on the dates below from 2pm to 4pm:
- Wednesday 11th August
- Wednesday18th August
- Wednesday 25th August
- Wednesday 1st September
- Saturday 14th August
- Saturday 21st August
- Saturday 28th August
All materials will be provided and help if needed. If you would like to make a swift mosaic, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to book your place. Please advise us of your available and preferred dates.
WILDERNESS LOCAL TICKETS
(13th June 2021) if you reserved local tickets, you should now have been emailed by the Wilderness team with a link to pay for your tickets through Ticketmaster and your individual code. There have been a few teething problems with the system, but we are assured it is working now. If you have not received this email, please email them at email@example.com
If you still have last year’s tickets, you need to exchange them urgently for tickets for this year. To do this, bring them to the Community Centre on a Saturday afternoon and we will send them off for exchange.
COMMUNITY CENTRE OPENING HOURS
- Monday-Friday: 9am-5pm
- Saturday & Sunday: 9am-4pm
- Bank holidays: 10am-4pm
The Library is open on Mondays 10am-1pm and on Wednesdays and Fridays 2-5pm. You can bring books back at others times but only borrow them during these hours.
BECOME A FRIEND OF CHARLBURY COMMUNITY CENTRE
We rely on fundraising, grants and donations for about 20% of the running costs of the Community Centre. Regular donations are especially valuable, so we have set up a “Friends of Charlbury Community Centre” scheme. Regular donors have their names appear on the display screen in the lobby, so it is good for those who missed out on the “Buy a Brick” scheme, or for people who are generous enough to want to help on a regular basis. For more details or to join please download this form.
HELP US WHEN YOU BUY FROM AMAZON
If you make purchases from Amazon (bearing in mind that buying local is better of course!), we’d be really grateful if you could do it through Amazon Smile. If you do so the Thomas Gifford Trust will receive 0.5% of the purchase value. You will need to select Thomas Gifford Trust when you choose the above link or click on this Amazon Smile logo. So far we have raised £151.42 through this scheme. Thank you!